Apply for your SA business visa today
We take care of the process for you.
Our service is for people who are serious about starting a business in SA
- We curate the list of visa requirements for you.
- We prepare your application.
- We review your application 4 times before handing it over to you.
- We’ll help you register your business
Start your business in South Africa and start it off on the right foot
Getting a business visa for South Africa is a frustrating process and it’s all about knowing what to do. It’s a process where you need to know a lot about the process and Migrate With Q has it all. Immigration to South Africa is complex and daunting if you don’t know what you doing. Applicants applying for the visa should understand how the process works and should know that many delays are expected along the way. The visa application itself is no straightforward process and working with the various government departments are bound to drive you from pillar to post with mixed messages.
A business visa allows you to:
• Add dependents such as a spouse & kids (who are not of school-going age)
• Enter and exit South Africa freely
• Apply for permanent residency once you’ve satisfied the employment and financial criteria
The qualifying criteria:
1. Invest R5 million into an existing business or a new business
2. Employ 60% South African citizens or permanent residents
3. Approval from the Department of Trade & Industry
Quick facts about the business visa:
• The visa is valid for 2 years.
• Department of Home Affairs process fee: R1520.00 (Submit in South Africa)
• South African Embassy Fee: Dependent on your country’s currency
• VFS submission fee in SA: R1350.00
Businesses applicable to apply for a capital waiver (A reduction on the capital requirements)
• Fisheries and aquaculture i.e. freshwater aquaculture and marine culture
• Food processing in the milling and baking industries
• Beverages viz. fruit juices and the local beneficiation, packaging and export of indigenous teas
• High-value natural fibres viz., organic cotton and downstream mohair production
• High-value organic food for the local and export market
• Biofuels production viz. bioethanol and biogas
• Processing of seed oils: tea extracts, including buchu, honeybush: and other oil derivatives (avocado, Amarula etc.)
• Diversification/beneficiation of biomass sources i.e. sugar, maize
• Call centres
• Back Office Processing
• Shared Corporate Service
• Enterprise solutions e.g. fleet management and asset management
• Legal process outsourcing
• Basic iron and steel
• Basic precious and non-ferrous metals
• Casting of metals
• Other fabricated metal products: metalwork activities
• General-purpose machinery
• Tooling manufacturing
• Electric motors, generators and transformers
• Electricity distribution and control apparatus
• Insulated wire and cable
• Accumulators, primary cells and primary batteries
• White goods and associated components
• Advanced telecommunications
• Software development
• Software and mobile applications
• Smart metering
• Embedded software
• Radiofrequency identifications
• Process control, measurement and instrumentation
• Security and monitoring solutions
• Financial software
• Manufacturing sensors
• Digital TV and Set-Top Boxes due to migration to fully digital television
• Spinning, weaving and finishing of textiles
• Knitted and crocheted fabrics and articles
• Wearing apparel except for fur apparel
• Dressing and dyeing of fur
• Leather skins and hides beneficiation
• White goods and associated components
• Boatbuilding and associated services industry
• Engines and engine systems
• Marine equipment and accessories
• Manufacture of wood and products of wood and cork
• Manufacture of articles of straw and plaiting materials
• Manufacture of paper products: publishing, printing and reproduction
• Paper and paper products and furniture
- engines, radiators, filters and components thereof
air conditioners/climate control systems
alarms and Tracking devices
axles, transmission shafts
body parts and panels
catalytic converters, silencers and exhaust systems and components
seats and parts thereof, seatbelts, leather covers
suspension and shock absorbers, springs and parts thereof
steering wheels, columns and boxes
ignition, starting equipment, gauges and instrument parts
wiring harnesses, instrument panels vehicle interiors, electronic drive train components,
Independent power generation, energy infrastructure and alternative energy
Nuclear Build Programme i.e. joint ventures, consortiums and the establishment of new companies to grow South Africa’s nuclear manufacturing capability and nuclear supply industry to supply into the nuclear build programme
Onshore wind power – manufacture of turbines/blades
Solar PV and Concentrated Solar Power manufacture/assembly
Energy efficiency and energy-saving industries
Solar water heaters
Waste Management and Recycling
Lowering greenhouse gas emissions from landfill sites
High-performance materials based on natural resources (advanced bio-composites
Advanced materials, polymers and composites
Medical devices, diagnostics and composites
Space e.g. satellite manufacturers etc. and astronomy e.g. SKA, telescopes, dishes etc.
Composites (intelligent textiles used in medical, building and construction industries)
Continuous fibre reinforced thermoform composites
Biochemical and biologics for applications in agriculture, industry and health/medical sectors
Electricity demand Site Management Solutions to improve electricity efficiency usage
Lasers and laser-based additive manufacturing various applications
Advanced Robotics Mobile Intelligent Autonomous Systems
Applications in the mining industry, data collection and analysis
Biomanufacturing – Biochemical and biologics for applications in agriculture, industry and health/medical
Fuel cells and Technology
accommodation – hotels, boutique hotels, lodges and resorts
urban integrated tourism/ entertainment precincts
adventure, – eco-, sport-, conference- and cultural tourism
leisure complexes and world-class golf courses
harbour and waterfront developments
trans frontier conservations areas
Tourism transport – aviation, rail, cruise liners etc.
green building and green technologies for tourism
attractions and activity-based tourism
museums and heritage
water treatment chemical products
plastic products: polypropylene and polyvinylchloride
medical (drips and syringes), manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredient
(APIs) for key antiretrovirals (ARVs)
Manufacture of reagents for AIDS/HIV diagnostics
Production of vaccines and biological medicines
Film studios, treaty film co-production ventures, distribution infrastructure
Servicing of foreign productions
Production of film and documentaries, commercials, stills photography and
Jewellery manufacturing and design
Maintenance ship and rig repair
Fabrication – equipment and specialised components
Specialised services – training and accreditation
Specialised services – non-descriptive testing, inspection, SHEQ
Exploration – technical: seismic surveys, logging, environmental impact assessments, etc.
Exploration – offshore
Exploration – onshore shale gas
Exploration – onshore coal bed methane and underground coal gasification
Infrastructure – refineries (Oil and GTL)
Infrastructure – terminals LPG/LNG import, storage and distribution
Infrastructure – ports and associated infrastructure
Infrastructure – storage
Logistics – pipeline
Downstream processing and value addition
Wireless and Telecom
Geomatics and Digital media
List of Undesirable Business in South Africa
Businesses that import second-hand motor vehicles into the Republic of South Africa to export to other markets outside the Republic of South Africa
The exotic entertainment industry
Migrate With Q will help you get the business visa
Migrate With Q’s knowledge and processes will increase the chances of getting your visa approved.
We acquired in-depth knowledge in applying for South African business visas and created a systematic approach that works all the time.
Access to expert knowledge + guidance can change your world instead of spending countless hours researching the internet for information that is inaccurate and not trustworthy.
Q can eliminate the stress and frustrations.
Our process is designed to increase the chances of approval
Q’s process is designed to increase your chances of getting the business visa approved no matter where you are applying from in the world. The process will benefit you in many ways such as saving you time and money. We ensure that all your documents are correct as per the Department of Home Affairs requirements or the South African Embassy. Our Q experts will advise you about your documents and not leave you wondering.
Our experts will be there for you from start to finish.
What you get with Q
• Access to expert knowledge.
• Custom list of documentation specific to your case.
• We prepare your entire application.
• Weekly one on one communication.
• We respond to you within 24 hours (Unlike other migration agents who respond within 48 hours).
• We answer emails & calls 7 days a week.
• Your application is reviewed by 4 experts.
• Certified certificate showing proof of investment
• All Undertaking templates
• A business plan created to suit your business
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you offer any guarantee if the visa is rejected?
Our promise is simple, if we mess up we’ll simply refund you your fees paid to us. If you provide us with fraudulent documents then we will not refund you. If the Department of Home Affairs rejects your visa neither through our fault nor yours then we’ll simply appeal to get the rejection overturned and you have been issued with the visa.
2. Is my spouse allowed to work for the business?
3. How long does the process take before I receive my visa?
The process to prepare your application depends on how quickly you can submit the documents to us. It takes us 48 hours to prepare your application once we receive all your paperwork. Third-party processes such as the Department of Trade & Industry can take up to 30 days or more for approval before you are allowed to go ahead and submit. Once all processes have been completed, you must submit your visa application along with your DHA – 1738 form at the South African embassy responsible for your country. Once your application is submitted, it can take about 30 – 60 days to receive your visa. Your passport must be handed in along with your application, so do not plan any trips where your passport will be required.